Sheet pan. It’s one pot meals on crack! Throw some meat, veggies and a drizzle of fat or oil and you are done mama! Sheet pan meals make clean up easier and don’t require any fancy equipment. Also, I’m a sucker for a one pot meal, because, let’s face it, there’s nothing worse than being hungry and having nothing to eat. So, why not have some ingredients on hand that you can whip up a quick
This past spring we raise two pigs for meat. Y’all — if you have never tasted homemade bacon, then you are missing out! We took the side meat and smoked it for a awhile and then sliced it into bacon-sized slices and it’s so dang good.
Pork has been at the center at most our meals for the last few months and I had to, just had to, share a fast and easy sheet pan brunch idea that you can make for breakfast or brinner!
Sheet Pan Brunch
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Serves 4
- 1 small acorn squash
- 4 vine ripe tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 4 slices sugar free bacon
- 4 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F.
- Slice your acorn squash into ¼ inch rounds, remove the seeds. Line up 4 the rounds on a sheet pan. Put your vine ripe tomatoes next to them. Leave space for the bacon. Drizzle everything with avocado oil and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of each of the seasonings.
- Set in the oven, middle rack and roast for 10 minutes. Then open the oven and add the bacon, lining up the slices next to each other. Close the oven, roast for another 10 minutes.
- Open the oven and carefully crack an egg into the center of each squash round.
- Sprinkle the eggs with the remaining seasonings, and the parsley.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until the eggs whites are cooked.
- Add avocado to the sheet pan if you like or fresh herbs! Serve right away, share and enjoy!